2008-07-29

Twiste et Chante


I was never a big fan of Sylvie Vartan - I am more of a Francoise Hardy Person myself.

Sylvie was always a bit too "Roque" for me. You know, this typical French interpretation of ROCK, which eternally resonates between Iggy Pop and Johnny Halliday (Sylvie´s husband).

Of course Sylvie did also some covers of contemporary hits in the sixties. I dare say that she didn´t know when to say "no" at times. Her versions of "Twist and Shout" and "Money" she did on Shindig! are pretty exotic.

But she did hit the nail on the head with a French version of "I can´t help myself. The Four Tops hit becomes "Garde moi dans ta poche" and La Vartan almost invents a new style of twist-dancing in this "Scopitone"-clip. Check also the other dancers! It´s great fun.




Here is "Twist and Shout".

No comments: